? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2958 Grabs Today. 29176 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2803 Grabs Today. 23562 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 18, 2005

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash

I saw Walk the Line this afternoon, and it was phenomonal! It was actually better than I had expected. Every actor is positively terrific. I was genuinely surprised by Reese Witherspoon's performance. I always see her with the cutesy romantic comedy type roles, and I was skeptical when I heard she was playing June Carter Cash. She is absolutely fabulous. No Legally Blonde or Sweet Home Alabama about it. Everyone is good. Tyler Hilton plays a convincing Elvis. Waylon Malloy Payne is an eerie Jerry Lee Lewis. Great casting.
I was a bit uneasy about Joaquin Phoenix singing in the film. My first thought was, "How can you make a movie about Johnny Cash and not have Johnny Cash's music in it?" However, I saw an interview with Joaquin Phoenix and he said the director explained it to him like this. If you want to hear Johnny Cash, listen to a Johnny Cash record. If you want to see an artistic interpretation of his life, his relationship with June, and his music, go see Walk the Line. After hearing that and seeing the movie, I am okay with the choice.
My favorite thing about the movie is the portrayal of the music scene that Johnny Cash was a part of. It's no secret that I am a huge fan of older music, so to see scenes about Johnny touring with Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis was very cool. I would have loved to live at that time and seen them live.
I can't close this entry without mentioning Shooter's performance in the movie. It's short, but great! He has short hair in one of his scenes, which is just odd to me. And the other is the Shooter I am used to. His song from the movie is on the soundtrack and it's awesome.
Go see the movie!

0 comments: