? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2958 Grabs Today. 29176 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2803 Grabs Today. 23562 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, October 12, 2009

Asstastic Weekend

I had one of the best weekends I've had in a long time! After a hella creazy week (see previous posts) I was ready for some fun and some relaxation.

I'd been planning an outing to see Vince Vaughn's newest movie, Couples Retreat, for months. I'd been following the film on discussion borads and internet since its infancy, and I couldn't wait for it to come out. It was sort of my dream movie: original idea by Vince and Jon Favreau, orginal script by Favs, fined tuned by Vince and Dana Fox, directed by Peter Billingsley, and starring Vince, Favs, Faizon Love (Big Worm!), Jason Bateman, and miss Vmars herself, Kristin Bell. I wanted to do something akin to the night out I had for opening night of Wedding Crashers in '05, so I created a Facebook event and invited a bunch of friends. Approaching the date, it looked like the group wasn't going to be very big, but we had at least one couple, Sarah and Nathan, that were a definite to join us. The night of, we ended up with 8 people out for dinner at BDs Mongolian BBQ, then another two joined us for the movie.

The movie was great. I was worried that my friends would hate it since it got terrible reviews, but they enjoyed it as well. Yes, it was cheesey and a bit predictable. The editing seemed a bit sloppy in parts, but it delivered on the laughs and the story was heartfelt. One of the funniest parts is a scene in which Jon Favreau's character sets himself up for a little self-love. As the scene goes on, it becomes more apparent what he's up to, first looking at a bikini-clad girl on a brochure, then eyeing some complementary lotions, and finally grabbing some tissues and pulling his shirt over his head. Vince has his fair share of funny lines of course, and the banter between him and Favs is just great. Throw Bateman into the mix a few times, and you've got a funny movie. Oh, there is also a cameo by none other than Vernon Vaughn, Vince's dad, making his fifth appearance in Vince's films.

After the movie, we headed out with one of the couples, Catey and Ryan, to Butter's Bar in Gahanna. This used to be OUR bar. It is in Vista Plaza, near the Vistas, where Justin lived when we met and where we lived when we were first married. There have been many a night spend there and many a walk back to the apartment. It was fun for nostalgia's sake, but also fun to hang out with a couple our age and do things people our age do. We talked about work, about their wedding plans, about baseball. It was good times.

After staying out until after 2 am, we slept in on Saturday. Our plan was to do nothing on Saturday, and I'm proud to say that we accomplished our goals and then some. I made a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and grits for the two of us, then I decided to go back to bed and take a nap. Justin ran an errand or two, but I never left the house. I did shower, but wore warm-up pants and a sweatshirt all day. We watched the Buckeye's kick some Badger ass, ordered a pizza, and then rooted for the Hawkeyes as they defeated Michigan.

Justin left for San Antonio, Texas early Sunday morning. I went to church where I gave blood on the blood mobile for the first time since, I believe, high school. I had a couple bad experiences giving blood, and I kind of shied away from it for a bit. I tend to give quickly, and the last two times I gave in under five minutes, causing me to get light headed and feel sick. Remembering this, I told the girl as she hooked me up that I tend to give quickly and I think she slowed whatever machine they use. I didn't feel "wierd" or light headed at all. Perhaps I will give again on a more regular basis. I have a relatively rare blood type, b-, so the Red Cross used to call me often. We shall see if they begin to do so again.

Sunday night was the first official youth small groups. We decided to cover the topic of gossip. I had typed out a little worksheet of sorts to help steer the girls into discussion and try to keep them on topic. It went really well. They had a lot to stay and we talked about some really key issues like, even if it's true it's still gossip, and helping a friend by telling a trusted adult about a situation is not gossip. The girls really want to do an overnight, so we are planning on that for November and we are going to use it as a time to do a service project, putting together boxes for Operation Christmas Child.

So that was my weekend. Justin returns from San Antonio on Tuesday afternoon. His grandpa is supposed to be moved to a rehabilitation nursing home today. I haven't had an update in the last few days, so I'm not really sure where we're at with that. I think it's still touch and go. But hoepfully, our week will the a little less stressed than last.

0 comments: