? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2958 Grabs Today. 29176 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2803 Grabs Today. 23562 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bad Weekend, Good Friends

This last weekend was the worst weekend I had in a long time. I had to work every day, and Saturday morning, the opening manager didn't show up for work at the store I was at. I was supposed to leave at seven but ended up staying until 10:30. Not a good thing to do to the traveling manager who is doing you a favor!
I ran into an old high school friend on Sunday. It was really great to see her and catch up and all, but it totally depressed me. She is married now so our conversation quickly turned into who got married to whom. A total reminder to me that I too got engaged to the guy I fell in love with my freshman year of school. Unfortunately, my engagement didn't quite pan out. Sometimes I think I have a good grip on things and then something like that just hits me and knocks me back a few paces. I have finally gotten to a point where I my life has a new direction and I am really excited about where my life is going, but talking to Beth made me remember the direction I had wanted to take. Then I just start this downward spiral thinking all these "would haves" and "could haves," and reliving in every excruciating detail why I'm not married.
After all this, she and I talked about a mutual friend named Paul who used to live next door to me. He was one of my best friends from sixth grade until he moved away our sophomore year of high school. His mom worked nights and my mom eventually quit asking whether or not he was staying for dinner and just set him a place at the table. He moved to New Mexico to be closer to his dad. We kept in touch for a year or so, but you know how things go. We drifted apart. Talking about him made me so sad that we hadn't kept in touch better.
It's a good thing that I have the world's best friends, or I would probably end up in the bath tub. Then my brother-in-law would say, "I told you all it was going to happen!" In all seriousness though, Jonas and Sara and Josh totally picked me up and made me feel better. They were so supportive and it made me not feel stupid for being so upset. We engaged in a little retail therapy and they helped me make a purchase that otherwise would have made me even more depressed. Then we went out for ice cream. I hadn't had ice cream in a while. I haven't had sex in while. But it's been longer for the sex.....

0 comments: