? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2958 Grabs Today. 29176 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2803 Grabs Today. 23562 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Return to Normalcy

Ah, life is back to normal. No one has died, no one is staying at my house, my calendar is not full of obligations. I sill have a lot of things coming up, it being the holidays and all, but I just don't feel so scheduled as I have lately.

For all the complaining I did, I really did enjoy having Jusitn's cousin Chrissy and her son JJ at our house. She and I were Facebook friends, and pretty close ones at that, but had never met in person. Knowing how close her and Justin were, I figured she and I would get along, but my expectations were more than exceded. She and I got along very well and it felt as if I were reuiniting with her just as the rest of Justin's family was.

And don't even get me started on JJ! He is totally at my favorite age, 16 months. He is starting to talk a little and mimics everything you do. Couple that with an awesome personality and you have the cutest kid ever! He is very easy going and friendly. It didn't take long for him to warm up to both Justin and me. By the time we had walked down to baggage claim at the airport, we were best buds. He really took to Justin while he was here, and that was just the greatest thing to see.

Chrissy's husband has interviewed for a job in Defiance, OH. If he gets it, it would bring them a little closer to us than Arizona. Not right across town or anything, but at least a visit once a month kind of distance. I really hope he gets the job. First, he needs a new job. Second, it sounds like an awesome position. And third, we can have more family around.

Currently, Justin and I are settling into our roles as small group leaders for our youth group. My group had a really good session this last week, and Justin says his went well also. Justin is driving/chaperoning a trip on Sunday to the Creation Museum in Kentucky. I will be in Stow for a family thing, but even if I wasn't I don't think I'd be interested in going. Put me down for the Intelligent Design Museum trip LOL. But I think it's great that we are getting involved and giving back. I really feel like I'm imparting some of my older wisdom to the young minds of today. Just this last week, a girl from my group who hadn't been able to attend yet this year came. The other girls introduced me and Laney as the leaders and the girl gets all excited and says, "I have cool leaders this year." Not nice to the other adults, but still made me feel pretty with it and hip.

This weekend is the annual Allen Family get together (used to be Christmas party, but then was held in October, now is done sometime in the fall). Justin isn't going because he has Modern Warfare 2 to play, plus the Iowa game. I'm bummed I will miss the game, but the Allen family thing is pretty important to me. The older I get the more I realize how rare it is to be close to extended family the way we are. I think it's partly due to the fact that when the Allens moved to Ohio, they moved together and stuck together as outsiders in a new place. Couple that with the southern tradition of family and the Scots-Irish clan mentalitly and you've got a closeness with second cousins and third cousins once removed that most can't fully understand. I hope the traditions stay in place, and I realize that my generation is the generation that can make of break it. So I go. I forgo the Iowa game and schlep myself up to Stow. I never regret it, but sometimes I have to remind myself why I do it.

0 comments: