? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2958 Grabs Today. 29176 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2803 Grabs Today. 23562 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Thankful For

I'd be super thankful if my boss would let me leave right now, but it doesn't look like he's going to. I'm currently done with everything I needed to do today and am answering the phones. That is, if they were actually ringing, which they aren't. Oh well, I will kill time with this.

This year I am thankful for:

My Loving Husband
He's just as sweet and lovable as he ever was, maybe more. We've been married for a couple days shy of two and half years now, and I can't imagine life without him. It's amazing how nicely we've fallen into our roles as husband and wife. I love him and everything he does for me.

Our House
We've been in our house a year and half, and it's really truely become our home. Milo and Maggie, dinners around the table, new drapes, wicker chairs on the porch, evenings spent watching TV, all of this is home to me. I love it!

Our Church
This year, we finally buckled down and found a church home. We began attending Peace United Methodist during Lent, and it has been a great fit. We've been getting involved, meeting new people, and worshipping God ever since. Those who don't go to church, just don't get the feeling that church can give you; it's just one more thing that has made this year great.

Family
My family has been through a lot this year. My Grandma Hickey passed away in January, which was extremely hard, but it has made me realize just that much more how important family is to me. I've been able to visit with family during our vacation to North Carolina and get to know some of "the cousins" better. I've also started chatting more with my dad and Uncle Darryl on Skype. I was also able to meet more of Justin's family this year as well. He also lost a grandparent, and although the circumstances were not great, we got to visit with his family. I finally met his cousin and her little boy when we hosted them for a few days. I love how marriage has helped my family grow!

Tiffany and Jonas
I am so thankful for these great friends that they get a specail entry in this blog. I visited them in Chicago in March and was able to see their new home. I was also priviledged enough to be a part of their wedding in August. It was such a wonderful day, especially since two people that mean so much to me were married. Tiffany is a great friend, and although our relationship is different now that she is in Chicago, we are still close. I'm proud to be her "economist friend, " and I love talking about "my friends in Chicago."

Friends
I am also thankful for all my friends in general. Sarah J., Erin, James, Sarah P., Catey, Angel, Jaime, Jen, and Derek. You are all super great to me and super fun to have around. God has put some really great people in my life.

My Job
I am thankful for my job, not only because of this economy, but because of what it allows me to do. I am able to be home every evening and weekend with my husband. I was also introduced to accounting as it's applied to a business which has gotten me interesting in being a CPA. It's funny how you think you're killing time, but it leads you to the path that God has set out for you. " 'For I know tha plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future' " Jeremiah 29:11

I know I'm forgetting a ton of great things. My life right now is just wonderful. Of course there are tough things that I endure, but the good makes them bearable. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: